Friday, May 16, 2008

My Voice Is My Passport. Verify Me.

Someone has written a darned good defense of 1992's SNEAKERS as "one of the more tragically overlooked films of the 1990s." And I heartily agree. SNEAKERS is one of my favorite movies, one that never fails to entertain me and one of the smartest movies I've ever seen. Sadly, it's too late now, but I used to say that, if I had the money to bankroll a sequel to any film ever made, I would make SNEAKERS 2.

I won't write much more about SNEAKERS, if only because "TK" at the Pajiba Web site has done such a fine job, even giving the wonderful Stephen Tobolowsky a shout-out, that I would merely be repetitious. SNEAKERS is a clever, witty, exciting adventure with a terrific all-star cast that you should Netflix as soon as possible.

5 comments:

Mike said...

I'll do you one better. I think this movie is awesome enough that I own it on DVD.

J. Brown said...

I, too, own the DVD, and have for many years. It's one of only a handful of movies that I can throw in and watch at nearly any time. Redford and Poitier are outstanding, as is Strathairn.

Anonymous said...

I also own it, or more truthfully, my wife owns it as part of the DVDs we consider 'hers'. I dug it, though I didn't think it was as good as you guys do. Some really nice moments, my favorite of which is River Phoenix being late for his cue to fall through the drop ceiling.

J. Brown said...

"Where'd you get the fifty bucks?"

"Stole it from Mother's Wallet."

River Phoenix is quite good as well.

Chuck said...

Absolutely overlooked. Fantastic movie. Also, I just stumbled on your blog. Fantastic blog title. I thought Polynesian Town was long forgotten...