Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My First Book. Sorta.

I've been published in magazines and newspapers and even DVD covers, but this is the first time my writing has appeared between honest-to-goodness book covers.

I wrote one chapter apiece for 101 HORROR MOVIES YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIE and 101 SCI-FI MOVIES YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIE, available now from Barron's.

For casual film fans, they really are interesting little books with colorful photos and original poster art for each film. And they're perfectly sized for the end table in your living room, so you can peruse it during commercials or when deciding what to Netflix next. I hate to say it, but they're also perfect bathroom reading with their short 300-word chapters.

For the record, I chose DRESSED TO KILL and STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN to write about. I didn't get paid, I receive no royalties, and my name only appears on the Contributors page in back (my initials appear with the articles). But it was fun, not especially hard work, and it is a kick to see my writing in print form. Thanks to editor Steven Jay Schneider for the opportunity.


3 comments:

J. Brown said...

First - Coffee table books. Next - THE WORLD!

katie said...

that's really cool mckee. congrats.

Kool Mo P said...

Nice job, McKizzle.